Ten Important Annual Home Maintenance Tips.
- Clean gutters in the spring and the fall, always check for clogged or broken downspouts.
- Clean A/C condensing unit every spring. (Power off and spray coils with garden hose)
- Remove any debris or growth from around the A/C unit.
- Check window caulking and door weatherstripping.
- Have fireplace chimneys cleaned and furnace flues checked for proper ventilation and no obstruction.
- Test garage door monthly for pressure safety reverse, also test the safety eyes for proper reverse.
- Test all GFI outlets in the house for proper function.
- Replace furnace filter every month.
- Vacuum the back side and underneath the refrigerator at least twice a year.
- Vacuum and clean the clothes dryer vents at least twice a year.
These tips are a guide to creating a safe and happy home, by extending the life of some of the most important systems in your house.